Natural Fertility Treatments
Nearly a third of all women have difficulties conceiving. While some women will turn to standard fertility treatments such as in-vitro fertilization methods (IVF), many others will try one of the many different natural fertility treatments available.
Natural fertility treatments can be used alone, combined with standard fertility treatment methods (often with proven scientific results), or used in conjunction with one another (such as with the popular Pregnancy Miracle natural fertility treatment system).
If you are interested in learning more about natural fertility treatments, here is a list of seven of the most popular methods to treat infertility without pharmaceuticals or surgical intervention:
1. Acupuncture. Acupuncture is probably the alternative infertility treatments that has the most scientific evidence in support of its effectiveness. In 2002, a major German research study that showed that women receiving acupuncture while also receiving IVF treatment were more than twice as likely to get pregnant than those who did not use acupuncture.
These results have been replicated in numerous other scientific studies as well. Most recently, a 2008 study involving over 1000 women showed that women receiving acupuncture had a much lower miscarriage rate and higher rates of conceiving. One of the ways in which acupuncture is thought to work is by reducing stress hormones in the body which are known to interfere with conception.
2. Fertility Herbs.
As you will see discussed in the video to the left, there are many important herbs for fertility. These include many Chinese herbs, such as ginseng, atractylodes, codonopsis, gardenia, astragalus, phellodendron, patrinia, and the herb lonicera. But there is also a tradition of using fertility herbs in the West as well, with some of the most common being nettle leaves, oatstraw, and red raspberry.
When using any kind of fertility herb, proper dosage is important. Although fertility herbs are “natural”, they can also be quite potent and need to be used properly. Click here to see a wide selection of different fertility herbs and herbal supplements for sale.
3. Therapeutic Abdominal Fertility Packs. Therapeutic fertility packs contain certain natural oils and herbs. These packs are placed on the abdomen so that the body can slowly absorb the oils and herbs in the pack. They are also used by some alternative medical practitioners to treat conditions such as ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids and endometriosis. You can often get these from qualified alternative fertility medical practitioners
4. Fertility Massage. Another popular natural fertility treatment involves a certain type of massage often called a Fertility Massage. Either done by a qualified massage therapist, or as a form of couples or self-massage, fertility massage is thought to work in ways similar to acupuncture in reducing stress and promoting relaxation, but it does not involve any needles.
5. Fertility and Body Cleanses. Fertility cleansing is a relatively new approach to treating infertility. Fertility cleanses are centered on removing toxins from the body in order to create a more healthy environment inside the body for conception to take place and in which the fetus can grow. Fertility cleanses should only be done prior to becoming pregnant, since rigorous elimination techniques may pose a risk to a developing fetus. Probably the most well known and used cleansing program is the Master Cleanse, although there are other, more specialized, fertility cleansing programs as well.
6. Dietary Changes. Being overweight can interfere with fertility, so if you are overweight you may want to try losing weight in order to improve your chances of conceiving. But even if you are not overweight, there are some dietary recommendations made by doctors and alternative medical practitioners to help improve your chances of conceiving. Fertility diet plans often include eliminating substances such as transfat from your diet, and eating a diet rich in whole grains and whole fat dairy products.
7. Combination Natural Fertility Treatment Programs. Many women have reported success at using several of these natural fertility treatments in conjunction with one another, particularly with using the Pregnancy Miracle fertility treatment system.
The Pregnancy Miracle system combines acupuncture with diet, herbs, massage and many other natural fertility treatment practices. It is probably the most well known and used natural fertility treatment guidebook currently available, with some women reporting that they were able to conceive just months after using this combination natural fertility treatment method.